Cosy up with a bowl of this beautiful roasted pineapple crumble – the perfect way to bring a touch of endless Aussie summer to the dinner table during the colder months.
If you’re looking for more pineapple inspiration, it’s a great idea to head down to the Bondi Markets on the 8th of July for cooking demonstrations, Q&A’s and tastings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, chopped finely
- 75g cold butter or cold coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, to serve
Tip: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard, but the crumble is just as delicious all on its own.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- To make the crumble, mix together the oats, flour, almonds, butter or coconut oil and honey until sticky breadcrumbs form.
- Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the pineapple. Mix together the pineapple, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and water in a large baking dish.
- Place coconut flakes in a small frying pan set over medium heat and toast for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the pineapple with crumble and bake for 25 minutes or until the crumble is golden and pineapple caramelised slightly. Remove from the oven and serve topped with toasted coconut flakes.